11.02.2006

Is it still this year?

2006 feels long. I guess because I have been in 2 different places and had two very different lives since January. Some of the cold days lately have been reminding me of Chi-town, and it makes me a little homesick in a way. I have a feeling I am going to stay in Carrboro for a while, though.

Nick just joined a gym for very little a month, and he seems to like it so far. I am planning to sign up in the New Year (2007) if not before. It seems like joining a gym is a very late twenties thing to do.

I started writing my book yesterday, and it is pretty rewarding so far. I like where I am going with it emotionally and I think the characters will be fun to develop. The only thing I am worried about is being too dark or creepy. However, I think that what this project is doing is giving me an opportunity to do what Ifeel like I should be doing. Man, it would be so great to just write and write and sit in coffee shops and that would be my freaking job. That's the hope, at least, just write stories and books and blurbs and captions and clips and characters. If I could do that and teach improv and continue to perform and occasionally go on the road and do a show or three and teach a couple of workshops. Man, that would make me probably the happiest guy.

Why don't you do that? You are probably thinking. Well, you are right. Why don't I? OK, then, I will. You just wait and see, mister!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you can find someone to pay you to write and perform, and he's looking for someone else to do it, too, I'm that guy's other man.

Seriously, I hate working for a living.

No sersiously. Congrats on a great start to your novel. I don't know about your job, but I never feel creative when I get home. At least, not enough to write. At least improv doesn't take place in front of a computer.

OK, really seriously now, if you find a way to make your dreams come true, I would appreciate at least a tip on how to get there.

Can we get there here? I hope so.