10.25.2006

I Am the Great American Author


So I recently discovered and bought into something that I feel will be beneficial to what I need to be doing, at least it will get me on track. I have signed up for and plan to participate in the 2006 NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writer's Month. Its basically an event designed to get all the would be novelists off their lazy asses and get them writing the novel they've been putting off forever. Basically, the challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month's time. 50,000 words is about 175 pages-- a mass of which I have never even begun to tackle. This amounts to about 6 full pages a day. I can handle that, I think. To prepare, I am going to begin finding interseting characters and locations I would like to see. I am hopefully going to find out what kind of genre it will be. I am going to stray from SciFi, but I can't promise it won't have SciFi elements in it. I imagine it will be rather humourous and rather dark, as is my style. Hopefully, I will be able to love whatever story I tell, no matter how trite or mundane it may be. This is a challenge just to see if I can do it, and who knows what the results will be. Personally, I am very excited to have the desire and drive to get this going, and it could very well lead to something very beautiful in the long run. You don't know until you try, write?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep the puns cumming.