8.22.2009

A History of Relapse




Well, it has been over a year since I "closed" this blog, but I have decided to open it back up to get back in the habit of blogging for myself. I'd like to say that I'll be doing it daily, or even consistently, but I am not going to set myself up for disaster by promising that to myself or you. I'll do it when I can, but honestly, I do plenty of writing on a daily basis, so I don't feel bad about not writing here every day. Plus I have another blog, if you didn't already know, and that will remain in tact, but this one will serve as a personal journal, and that one will serve up plenty of very funny and amazing pictures, videos and the like.

So, a quick recap of the day while I'm at it. Work felt lighter today than usual, and even though it has been busy, I enjoy what I do very much. I like the people I work with, and feel like I am doing good work. It's exhilarating.

Went to Durham Be Easy tonight, and got there just in time to see The Mountain Goats. Wow. Every time I see John Darnielle, I like him even more. His music is great, and I like his rapport and honesty with the audience.

RS and I went to Bull McCabe's downtown, where we ran into HM. It was her gf's b-day, and it was nice to say hi. They left pretty quickly, but understandably, as the bar was sort of wretched.

Met up with CT and his friend at Satisfaction, and I actually drank a Jagerbomb. Possibly one of the reasons I have the energy to write this now. I also armwrestled both CT and his friend. I lost terribly both times. It reminded me of what lousy shape I'm in.

I've got some other news to update, but for now, this is going to have to do. I'm probably going to do some updating to the design of this site, and my other sites too, but I'm not going to rush it.

Deal with it, bitches.

No comments: