8.24.2009

We Need to Talk



First off, I'd like to say that if you get the chance, please treat yourself to seeing Inglourious Basterds in the theater. I think it was Tarantino's best work since Pulp Fiction. The film was calculated, violent, touching, and hilarious. I didn't want it to end.

In other news, it seems that I might have been too presumptuous in my hopes of finding someone with whom I'd like to start a relationship. Long story short, there was definitely something there, but she is recently out of a relationship, and isn't ready for a new one. I feel a little rejected, but deep down, I now it isn't anything I could have controlled. As the French say, though "So it goes." After the conversation we had I got very introspective and I felt pangs I haven't felt in a while, and I was worried for a moment I might slip back into what I went through the past year. But then I wised up and talked about it with the roomies and realized that the situation sucks, but there is not much I can do about it. Nevertheless, I had a great conversation with this girl in the car today, and I maintain that she is one of the most interesting people I have met in a while.

Anyway, I am planning on joining the Y in the very near future, because after I read through this blog the other day, I realize that I have been doing a lot of talking about getting in shape for a long long time, but in reality, I've not done anything. I have pictures to prove it. I am not setting any hard goals yet, because I think that my goals will be accomplished when I see what I want to see. Maybe that is a dangerous way to think, but then, I am one dangerous fella.

Wish me luck.

No comments: