2.01.2006

People in Chicago are smelly

Not everyone, of course, is a smelly bastard-- though lately I've noticed that people have horrible hygiene in this city. Then again, I do use the public transportation system as my main means of conveyance and i'm convinced this has a lot to do with it. Yesterday, I was on the train going to my IO class, and I was simply assaulted with the overwhelming odor of B.O. that consumed the train. My problem with smells is also this, and I think it is probably just a human instinct to react this way, but it often seems that my visual stimulus is paired with my olfactory stimulus, and it is often very distracting in its convolution in my brain. For instance, I was sitting on the train one day, and the entire car smelled exactly like dog shit. (Well, shit in general, it just smelled shitty.) Anyway, I was sitting across from a very pretty girl, and I couldn't help but equate the shit smell with the pretty girl. So, I was somehow repulsed by her. But I was also very attacted to her. It didn't make any sense to draw parallels to the two, because most pretty girls I know also smell pretty. Sure, sometimes they breaf stank, but they can remedy that. Another day, I was on a train toward OHare (maybe its just the blue line that carries the stinkers) and I smelled what can only be described as stank ass pussy. You know the smell. That "I don't know what douche is" smell of rotten fish and butt crack. There was this semi attractive blonde businessy woman standing in front of me, and what looked like a junkie or brain damaged kid about my age and his grandma in the seat adjacent to me. Now, I somehow placed the uncomfortable smell with the uncomfortable couple to my left, which made me feel, well, uncomfortable. But, as the train stopped and opened its doors at the next stop, the businessy woman stepped off, and the stank pussy smelled left with her. I was like, man. I had totally judged this sweet old grandma who might have been taking her brain damaged son to the doctor as a nasty old stanker, when it was actually the supposed classy one who had been pussy farting. Shame on me. I am now going to take a shower.

No comments: