2.16.2006

The Senate

I haven't posted anything noteworthy for a few days, but in all actuality, its because I've been (get ready for this) busy! I found out today that I got yet another job with low pay and random hours, but two jobs are better than none. I'll be working at a large bookselling conglomerate theat is not Barnes and Noble. I'm looking forward to it. I think being around that much literature will be inspirational to me, especially because I'm sure I'll get some sort of discount and be able to buy some books I haven't read. My goal is to also be in management within the next 6 months to a year. Its a goal, for sure, but then again, its only if I stay that long. My larger goal is to have a better job in that time, so that I don't have to work 2 jobs at once. Honestly, a lot of my apprehension has been lifted recently, and it feels really good. I haven't gotten paid yet from the opera job, so I am still broke as crap. I'll be playing catch up for a while, but at least I'm getting a good start. Otherwise, things are going pretty well. I had another practice with my new improv team last night, and we decided on a name. It was "basically" my idea, but it was the result of an email discussion about how we often talk about current affairs and often politics. Anyway, we decided on "The Senate," which I think has a nice ring to it. The group is good, and everyone seems to be very much into it. Rehearsal last night was good, but most of it was spent laying on the floor telling our darkest secrets. Its something I have never really done with an improv troupe before, but I remember doing in drama class years and years ago. It felt good, and I think I got a chance to connect with people I don't know that well. Afterward, a few of the guys went out for pitchers, and we shot the shit around some more, which was a lot of fun. I have a feeling that the group dynamic will make us a great team, I just hope everyone bring their A game to the stage. We have two shows scheduled for April, which I think will give us a good chance to bond and work together before then. Thats it for now, folks. Cross your fingers for me and hope that I can get in to TJ's class tomorrow.

No comments: