2.07.2006

So It Goes...

like this.
I finally got a job. It's not exactly the job I wanted, but its a job nonetheless. It's doing ticket sales with the Lyric Opera of Chicago. In my opinion, it will be a job, maybe even an easy one; but more importantly, its something to do. I still hope to hear back from the restaurant and most likely Border's, and I hope to find a way to juggle as much employment as possible without driving myself insane. The fact is that I need to save money right now, and the only way I can do that is by having an income that surpasses my outgo. Understandably, not working for an entire month has driven me into debt, so it will be a short time before I can pull myself out of that. It also means that I will probably not be able to go to DSIF at the end of the month, but I have been thinking that would be inevitable anyway. I hope I will at least be able to continue taking class with my friends through the rest of the IO program and won't have to take a "semester" off. It would be right nice to know when the classes are going to be. So yes, my woes are for the most part over right now. Or, on their way to being over.

Sadly,
I got a text message from a dear friend of mine today that reads this:

"Chemo is awesome!"

I really didn't think he would have to do it, but it looks like he has to go through with it after all. It turns out that my friend, we'll call him "C" for the sake of anonymity, has recently found out that he has testicular cancer. So, they had to remove one of his testicles.
Sweet jesus, why?
C has been one of my best friends of all time, and I hate that I can't be around him for this shit he's going through. I hate it for him, but, as you can tell, at least he is keeping his sense of humor about it. I honestly wouldn't expect anything less from the guy. I told him to write a book about his ordeal, or at least come up with some terrific bits. I have no doubt that he is being taken care of by the best docs out there, and he for sure has a great family and super friends to support him, but...what do you do?
I guess you beat it.

No comments: